can a regular chess mode be added to it? just wondering if the idea is possible.
Chesstris Mini for Playdate (Available now!)
A downloadable game
An even-more-pocketable version of Chesstris!
Chesstris Mini is an auto-battler Chess-unlike game which blends puzzle and strategy into a chaotic high-score challenge!
How to play:
Place groups of pieces on the 8x8 chess board and watch the pieces just clobber each other.
You can tame the chaos by trying to predict the order of battle:
- pieces only move to attack other pieces
- stronger pieces get to attack first, but are the first to be attacked!
- pieces can only attack once per turn
- keep the board clear or else it's GAME OVER
- turn the crank or press the B button to skip your current block, but it costs 5 points so use it sparingly!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Chesstris Mini out now + Playdate Community Bundle!Aug 31, 2022
- Release date! Available 8/31/22!Aug 22, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
One bug I encountered. If I am playing a round and put the game into sleep mode, upon resuming the game music seems to go away. If I finish the round and start a new game, the game starts at the state (positions, points, moves) before I had put the Playdate into sleep mode. Switching games and coming back fixes this issue.